My Blog List

Friday Night in the McGrath house:

So..... I was sitting here thinking about how we spend our evenings & I started thinking about this past Friday & how within 1.5 hours we had the best entertainment through our children!!
It all started with the youngest. Scott & Maximus were talking about what kind of animal they would be. Maximus said he would be a tree frog. Scott asked him, "what would I be?". He replied with, "you'd be a panther or a cheetah because your favorite color is black." Maci came marching into the room, yelling "I'd be an elephant". She is the smallest person in our home, yet she is the loudest & her footsteps match her mothers!! Scott looked at her smiling & said, "Maci I'd thought you'd be a hippo (this is her favorite zoo animal)". Maci responds just as loud as before with "CORRECT"! It was so darn funny!!

About 20 minutes later Marlena walked in the house from her school dance. Maximus & Maci start in right away with, "did you dance with a boy?" Marlena replied calmly saying, "yep.. 3 boys". I personally had a mini heart attack & Scott was perfectly fine. One would think the dad would go nuts, but he was so happy for her (as I am too, but I'm just not as willing to embrace her getting older) and that she had a great time. She went to the dance with a good group of girls & they had so much fun dancing & acting silly!!

Then about an hour later, Scott & I are watching tv & Maximus comes running through the living room & stops in front of the tv to tell me, "mom don't come in my room we're making you a project". I said ok & Scott asked, "then what are you doing downstairs". Maximus, "Lena sent me down to get a piece of paper -pause- she thinks I'm her minion" Scott said, "good choice of words". I asked, "what do you mean?" In a huff he said, "she tells me to hand her the remote & go do this & go get that". I didn't know what the word minion meant & I've never even heard it before. We have no idea where or how he learned the word & how to use it. Maximus is our little thinker & he is always surprising us!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...