My Blog List

Quick and Healthy Breakfast Smoothie

breakfast_smoothie-009

Few days ago, my colleagues were having a conversation at work about good and healthy breakfast, its benefits and how it boosts metabolism etc.

Research has proved that eating breakfast improves memory and concentration. Even though we try to follow this at home as much as possible, with today’s hectic schedules, long commute a full sit-down breakfast is not always possible. So many a days we end up skipping breakfast and end up having a heavy lunch which is not very desirable.

I have also read that even having an energy bar and a glass of milk can go a long way towards helping staying focused and engaged. But I am not a huge fan of the store brought bars.

I tried to look for other ideas for easy and healthy breakfast that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Another important thing I was looking for was incorporating milk in the mix and Breakfast smoothie was on the top of the list. Breakfast smoothies can be prepared in a jiffy and is a blend of fruits, milk, juices etc all the right things to kick start the day. I made this and loved the taste.

Here is one question I have and I would love to read your thoughts or appreciate any feedback:

What are the drawbacks (if any), if I prepare this blend of smoothie the night before? Will there be problem with the nutrients if I store it in the fridge the previous night and drink it the next day morning?

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup mangoes cubed
  • ½ cup cantaloupe
  • ½ ripe banana
  • ½ cup orange juice (cold)
  • ½ cup milk (cold)
  • 1-2 Tbsp Oats (quick cooking)
  • Flax seeds (optional)

Method:

  • Grind the Oats separately to powder and keep aside.
  • Blend the fruits together until it turns fine. Add milk if required.
  • Add the remaining milk, orange juice and oats and blend well. Sprinkle flax seeds over the top. Enjoy cold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...