My Blog List

Coriander Yogurt Lassi

yogurt_corriander 038

Talk about yogurt and I do have to mention a funny incident that happened yesterday. I am a big fan of yogurt, the plain old one and love it in combination with rice at the end of lunch/dinner. It works wonders for me; it not only cools me but also manages to calm my nerves.

When I had been to the grocery yesterday I could not find my regular favorite Plain Danon Non-fat yogurt. I was miffed by that and even mentally swore at the store, I mean how could such a big super store not carry a regular brand, and even if they were out of stock, could they have not replaced it? Anyway, I cooled and then got around and picked up the only available non-fat yogurt. Nothing unusual so far about it right? Yeah, until I actually had it for dinner! As usual I lavishly poured the yogurt over my rice and when I tasted the first bite I literally jumped out of my chair! Because the yogurt had this very sweet, mellow taste unlike the sour taste that I am used to, so when I looked at the yogurt container I realized that I had bought fat free Vanilla yogurt instead on the regular plain one. Eeeks! I have been feeling odd and also getting this wired taste in my mouth ever since.

Anyway, coming back to this refreshing drink, this one works as a good coolant especially during the scorching summers. The measurements in this recipe can be changed as per one’s own taste. The distinct flavor of this drink comes from the crushed cumin.

yogurt_corriander 043

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • Handful of fresh coriander leaves
  • 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
  • 1 green chilli (optional)
  • Salt to taste
  • water

Method:

  • First grind the cumin seeds along with coriander leaves and little water. Make sure that the cumin seeds are ground well. The crushed cumin seed is what adds flavor to the drink.
  • Next add the green chilli(optional), salt and blend once more. Finally add yogurt and water and blend again.

Serve cold!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...