My Blog List

Pineapple flowers on hummingbird cupcakes = sweet beauty!

First of all, I love dried pineapple. I also like fresh pineapple but I eat dried pineapple like candy, so I have a reason to fall for these cupcakes by Beantown Baker. But even more I love how beautiful they are! I don't know if I'd have known the flower toppers were made from pineapple on first glance. She writes:



The pineapple flowers on top did cause us some problems. We ended up baking them twice as long as the recipe said and they still weren't fully dried out. Next time I make these, I'll definitely do the pineapple flowers a day in advance so that I'm not in a rush to get them out of the oven. A few of the slices that were thinned did completely dry out, but it's really hard to cut a pineapple very thin so some definitely were still a bit gooey.



Go to Beantown Baker for the recipe, originally from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.







But wait, there's more...because her creme brulee cupcakes also caught my eye - click through to find out how to make them!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...