My Blog List

Debrief on Urban Wed NYC event

Last Tuesday evening I had the pleasure of attending Urban Wed - a bridal event hosted by Vané Broussard from Brooklyn Bride in Union Square in NYC.

The event was beautiful, a lot of fun and chock full of great vendors.

Before I share info on the event with you, I just want to say thank you to Jen Huang for all of the amazing photos seen below - they perfectly capture the event!

Here are some of my favorite highlights from the event:
  • Meeting the lovely Sam Walls Beasley from Samuelle Couture - her designs for wedding gowns are absolutely beautiful...so light and flowy. On her website you will also find some pastel creations that are out of this world and reminiscent of the perfect french macaron...





  • Chasing the trays of food from Cobblestone Catering. As I may have already mentioned in previous posts, I am a huge foodie. I love food. So when it comes to catering, I absolutely adore finding great caterers with amazing food. I firmly believe that wedding food, can be wonderful food, not just a cold piece of boring chicken. I was thrilled to taste the culinary delights from Cobblestone. All of the food was uber-flavorful but I have to say - the short ribs were my favorite! So delish...




  • Loving the gorgeous calligraphy and personalized stamps created by Bryn of Paperfinger. Her work was so outstanding that I am planning on buying a stamp for Stellina Events! Gotta love discovering new finds...the stamp would be perfect for your own Save the Dates, invites, thank you notes, your business or just because!

  • Admiring the table decor and wall design done by Barb of Hatch Creative Studio. The look and feel of all of the elements was so unique, fun and fabulously creative that I had to show you all of these pics. Just take a look - the photos speak for themselves!











  • Chatting with Betsy from Nine Cakes all about my favorite french macarons and admiring her wedding cakes and cupcakes for the millionth time. What bride would want to pass up working with a lovely cake maker to design a beautiful cake that is as delicious as it looks?!!! For more info on my wonderful thoughts on Betsy's creations at Nine Cakes read this.




  • Checking out the pretty, chic and affordable (!!!) bridesmaid dresses from 57 Grand. These dresses have style and are designed with a bridemaid's needs in mind (ie: she can wear it again - depending on the style and accessories they can be worn at night, at the office or to a party). I especially love the bow belt on their Riverside dress.


  • Enjoying the sweet sounds from the talented musicians of Elan Artists. They created an elegant ambience to the event making it all the more special. Definitely contact them for your upcoming wedding if you are looking for live music whether for a string quartet, a jazz band, Celtic music, or Caribbean - they have a ton of options to fit your own personal style.


What a great event!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...