My Blog List

SEO on-site and off-page

Hi,

Just starting out SEO services for a client. How much information do you initially give a client?

I checked out her site. Offered her preliminary keywords and recommendations of the tasks to be completed.

Example: I said local optimization - adding your site to directories. She then wanted a full list of the sites I was talking about.
Told her there was some minor on-page fixes recommended. She wanted to know what they were (thats part of my service - offering you the analysis/recommendation report of the changes needed to be implemented for optimization)
She did her own keyword search and then compared against my list. But I only gave her excerpts of the key phrases to be use. Not the exact I had in mind. She then gave me a more narrow location she wants to target. Then I finally told her that there are valuable keywords I can target for that and if she would be interested...

The point: It boilded down to she decided she will do most of the work - article writing/blog posting. Doesn't want links built, etc. Decided to hand out most of what I offered to her current assistants.

I finally told her that for a one time deal - if she was interested - I would provide a list of competitive keywords she and her team could target. Would offer recommendations for SEO on-site and off-page.

It came down to - I felt I did most of the research prior to her signing a contract.

Learned: I need to figure out if I am going to do a package deal or custom packages. Being the first client - I don't mind the trouble. Gives me insight into what logistics I need to fix.

Question: How far do you go to telling a client about the keywords your plan on working with? Or do you tell them at all? how do you deal with this?

Or maybe the question is: how do you deal with a client that you feel is going to take your initial hard work, not sign the contract and do it all on their own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...