My Blog List

how much information to provide a prospective client, not an actual client,

I think you're asking how much information to provide a prospective client, not an actual client, correct?

Personally, I don't give anything until I have a check in hand. But I don't have to prove myself with potential clients as I've been doing this SEO thing for 16 years.

For someone in your position who's just starting out, it's a bit different. When I first started, I used to do full site audits for free! Perhaps a 10th of those who I did them for would sign on to have me do their SEO, but that was okay with me, it was a way to get some business.

Unfortunately, there are many people out there who pretend they want to pay people for services and all they really are doing is fishing for information. What's even more unfortunate is that a lot of those who do that are from really large companies!

I think you have to do whatever you're comfortable with. If you feel that providing some free information shows your expertise, then go ahead and do it. Many people have no intention or desire to try to do things for themselves, they'd rather pay you. But if you feel someone's just taking advantage of you, then tell them that you'll be providing them with the answers to those questions during the research phase of the SEO campaign. Most understand that you can't provide them with a complete strategy until you've researched things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...