My Blog List

Katie Holmes: I'm Ready for the Next Chapter of My Life

In the November cover story of Marie ClaireKatie Holmes dishes about her plans for the future, her life as a working mom, and her ambition to take riskier roles.
The 32-year-old mother to 5-year-old Suri Cruise reveals that some aspects of being a celebrity mom are identical to any other mother who works:
"My daughter was with me the other day at a work event and it was a long day. I took out some paper and markers that I had in my bag, and someone said to me, 'Oh, that is so cute,' and I looked at her and thought, No, this is not cute. This is what all mothers have to do," she says.
As for how she balances work and motherhood, Holmes says it's just a matter of necessity: "Because you have to. As an actress who is also a mother, you don't have the luxury of drama."
Holmes, who will next star opposite Adam Sandler in the family comedy Jack and Jill, also expresses a desire to move onto the next phase of her career.
"I feel ready... for the next chapter of my life," Holmes says. "I'm excited to begin a new phase: roles I might have been afraid to play before, places I want to travel with my daughter. I'd like to build the design business. But not too fast."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...