My Blog List

Reel-life mehendi in Delhi

Desi Beats: Amid the thumping of the dholak and the dancing, mehendi was being applied on the hands of the to-be bride. Her fiance was sitting next to her and feeding her an apple. Suddenly, the director went, "OK, cut it". Well, it was a mehendi sequence being shot for Rajan Shahi's upcoming telefilm at the Pataudi Palace.

Shooting in Delhi: Shahi takes great pride in the fact that he is a Delhiite, and always looks forward to shooting here. So, this time around, when the opportunity came, he decided to come to the Pataudi Palace to shoot. "Delhi holds a special place in my heart. I have studied at St Columbus and did my graduation from Hindu College. I shot Jamuna Paar in East Delhi and since this telefilm revolves around a big fat Indian wedding, I thought of shooting here in the Pataudi palace," he told us.

My First Outdoor Shoot: Mumbai girl Dimple Jhangiani, who plays a 19-year-old girl in the telefilm in love with a 31-year-old man, told us, "This is my first outdoor shoot. I have always had this fear about shooting in a different city. Due to this, I have refused several shows in the past. But this time around, I convinced my parents and myself to go for an outdoor shoot."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...