My Blog List

I don’t have a plan in life: Ranbir Kapoor

At the Rockstar concert
Ranbir Kapoor, who has completed four years in the film industry, says success and failure are a part of the profession he is in and that he prefers not to plan too many things ahead.

“I don't have a plan in life. Whatever appreciation I get I don't deserve it all alone. I can't take the full credit of the success of the film and likewise for failure,” Ranbir is quoted as saying by a news agency.

Ranbir made his Bollywood debut on November 9 in 2007 with Saawariya. On November 11, 2011, when his movie Rockstar releases, he completes his four years. The journey has been a learning experience, says Ranbir.

“I have learnt an important lesson in the past four years and that is to stay focused and concentrate on my work. Factors like fame, money are temporary in life. What stays till the end is the respect that we earn,” Ranbir said.

In 'Rockstar', directed by Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir plays a middle-class Jat boy Janardan Jhakhar, who has the dream of becoming a rockstar like Jim Morrison. He later becomes successful but fame comes with heartbreak.

“We all go through a lot of ups and downs in the journey of life. In the film, though it is a little exaggerated but still it is the same. I had to match up to the character created by Imtiaz,” Ranbir said.

Newcomer Nargis Fakhri plays Ranbir’s love interest in the film. The film also marks superstar Shammi Kapoor's last appearance in a feature film. Shammi Kapoor died on August 14.

“Shammi Kapoor was the one and only rockstar of Bollywood. My grandfather (Raj Kapoor) died when I was very young. So I considered him (Shammi) as my grandfather. We were very lucky to have him in the film. When he first came on the sets of the film he was very nervous. He behaved like a newcomer. He had a cameo in the film and he would ask Imtiaz to increase his role. He flirted with all the girls,” Ranbir said.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...