My Blog List

Rapira in points loss at Arafura Games

Bell Block's Sam Rapira went down fighting in the final of the light heavyweight division at the Arafura Games in Darwin on Saturday.
Rapira went the full three rounds against Australian Damien Hooper, losing a points decision 21-9.
"He was simply too good for me," said Rapira.
" Hooper fought a great fight and used his considerable reach advantage to keep me at bay and stop me from using my best tools of hooks and body shots. His movement was really good and his experience showed."
Rapira was the only fighter to go three rounds with Hooper at the tournament, his previous three wins coming inside two rounds.
"I am still happy with the result," Rapira said.
"I had four great fights and pulled off the upset of the tournament by beating world No1 Vijinder Singh in my semifinal.
"Everyone over here has been buzzing over that. I've been getting stopped everywhere I go here with people asking about it and telling me how great it is."
Rapira said he will take a lot from the experience at the games.
"I will go away and work on a few things and be back stronger."
Rapira will now prepare for the North Island Golden Gloves in Taupo in two weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...