My Blog List

New LOTR Card game from FFG


I promised myself after Warhammer: Invasion that I would not buy another LCG.
Then Fantasy Flight Games announced The Lord of The Rings: The Card Game at GenCon last year, and I was tempted.
This week, they have been uploading video tutorials on how to play the game. I know that Josh would love to play this and I’m sorely tempted, as we both love the LOTR genre.
But, I can see that, in the same way that Warhammer: Invasion has become something of a cash cow, this new game is likely to go the same way – more and more decks with more and more scenarios needed. Buy 3 decks and you might as well have bought another game of something different…
But it looks a really nice game…
Maybe it’s better if I simply don’t start at all – and I did promise myself to be much more discerning this year in my purchases.
Uh-Oh…magpie tendencies ahead!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...