My Blog List

The management science student paying her way through uni by designing lingerie

A university student has found a way of paying off her grant and making a profit by designing and selling lingerie to women across the world.
Estelle Puleston, 21, is in her final year of a management sciences degree at Southampton University, Hants, and combines that with her business.
When she's away from her books the talented designer sells bras and corsets.
What do you think? Estelle, 21, is in her final year of a management sciences degree at Southampton University, Hants, and combines that with her business.
What do you think? Estelle, 21, is in her final year of a management sciences degree at Southampton University, Hants, and combines that with her business.

A model wears one of Estelle's designs. 'It all started when I went to Paris in 2009 and decided I wanted to do something in my spare time and earn a little more money.'
A model wears one of Estelle's designs. 'It all started when I went to Paris in 2009 and decided I wanted to do something in my spare time and earn a little more money.'
Estelle said: 'The business is called Esty Lingerie, named after me. We do a bit of everything for women.
'It all started when I went to Paris in 2009 and decided I wanted to do something in my spare time and earn a little more money.
'The business just grew and grew from there . I have always been interested in designing and lingerie.
'I made making a nice profit from everything I sell and I sell a fair bit. I have a lot of fun doing it as well which helps.'
Estelle, who can also speak French and Spanish, is selling her lingerie to a growing list of admirers all over the globe.
She said: 'I sell everywhere. I have customers in the United States, Canada, China and Australia. You name it, I sell there.
'I also have regular customers in those places. They seem to like the things I sell and design which is great.'
Estelle, who made and runs the website and business on her own, also designs most of the lingerie she sells.
She said: 'I have a summer collection coming out soon. I also produce other accessories which woman will like.
'It shows what can be done if you put your mind to it. Most students have plenty of time.'
She hopes to one day expand her business but is worried what boyfriend Sid Santos, 29, would think.
She says he gets fed of tripping over her hefty array of stock in her digs.
Estelle added: 'My boyfriend is not very forgiving of the whole thing. He gets sick of all the stock lying around the house we share.
'It is great though and one day I hope to go to an even larger scale. I'm happy selling from my little office in my university house at the moment though.'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...