My Blog List

Kirstie Alley on latest mishap: 'My blood sugar had dropped.' (But hey, she's down to a size 6!)

dwts-alley-fall
Dancing mishaps are nothing new to Kirstie Alley. First, partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy took her down when his thigh went out. Then she lost a shoe. Just when she thought she was out of the woods when it comes to embarrassing on-camera calamities, she falls off a stage.
In case you missed it, it was featured during Monday’s Dancing with the Stars rehearsal footage of the couple’s sultry Argentine tango. She was supposed to jump off a few steps, but instead almost face planted onto the hardwood floors –causing yet another mega cringe-worthy moment for season 12.
Said Alley after the show, “When I fell off the stage, I [saw] three stairs below me and I started going into slow motion and in my mind, I go, ‘okay there are three stairs, you have on heels, jump bitch’ because you’re either going to break something or you’re going to take control of this and that’s why I jumped.”
The actress blamed the fall on lack of sleep and an inadequate amount of eats. “That day was a weird day because I hadn’t slept for two days and I guess my blood sugar had dropped,” she explained. “That rehearsal day was long, like seven hours or something. I didn’t realize I had forgotten to eat. I didn’t realize it was 5:30. I had breakfast, but time went like that because we had two dances to learn.”
The actress admitted to consuming only 1,400 calories, but has decided to take Chmerkovskiy’s advice by upping it to 2,000. “He’s probably right. Usually what I do to lose weight, I eat 1,400 calories, but I guess if I’m working out five or seven hours then you have to change it around a little bit,” said Alley, who wouldn’t reveal how many pounds she has lost since being on DWTS. She did say she is down to size 4 and 6 dresses but joked ”they’re sort of stretchy.”
While the actress’ third misfortune might have made viewers cringe, Alley said she “barely watched it”  while waiting backstage. “It’s was sort of akin to Maks and I being Olympic skaters, just as we were warming up we were wiping out all the time. So I didn’t take it too seriously.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...