My Blog List

I’m going from zero to Help for Heroes

Apprentice loser Edward Hunter's charity curry pledge 

THE first hopeful fired from this year's Apprentice plans to quit big business and raise funds for Our Boys instead.

Accountant Edward Hunter was given his marching orders by Lord Sugar in last night's episode after messing up as project manager on the show's first task.
The 26-year-old was accused of failing to use his accountancy skills and neglecting to come up with a clear business plan after his team, Logic, made a hash of selling orange juice and tomato soup.
But married Edward, from Reading, is now hoping to launch a charitable money-spinning project - with funds going to Sun-backed charity Help for Heroes. Edward - who is half-Afghani - wants to show that not everyone from Afghanistan is against Britain's troops, and to show a positive side to the war-torn country.

You're fired ... Lord Alan Sugar
You're fired ... Lord Alan Sugar
He said: "I want British people to see something good about Afghanistan, which is the cuisine. It's close to India, it's a very similar food, and obviously the British love a curry. So I'm going to launch, if people will back me, Atta's Afghan Josh, Atta being my middle name." Edward added: "I want to give, on a royalty basis, the majority of that to Help for Heroes because I want to show that being a half-Afghani doesn't mean you are against the troops. I think they are truly heroes.
"If I can get someone to back this I'd love to run with this."
He said his priorities had changed since he was bawled out in the boardroom by Lord Sugar.
He said: "I don't need a lot of money. I don't have any expensive hobbies, so if I went full time in charity it'd be great."
Edward said he was persuaded to try for The Apprentice by his wife Wendy - and that she was more upset than he was when he was booted off.
He said: "She filled out my form. It's not something I would have thought about. She, as in all good marriages, is my biggest fan.
"She's a lot more upset than me about what happened.
"Seeing her being upset after she watched it was beautiful. It showed how much she loved me. After that I realised I was the richest guy in the world." He denied Lord Sugar's claims that he had failed to use his accountancy skills.

Edward said: "They were like, 'You didn't write anything down'. I didn't need to write anything down. The sums involved, a two-year-old could do. "If anyone asked me what the margins were I could've told them. To say I didn't use my accountancy skills just wasn't true. It's not something I can avoid using. It's like not using your brain - I can't not use my brain."
He said he didn't regret volunteering himself for the risky role of project manager in the first episode.
Edward said: "I've got a hero mentality. If I'm on a flight and there's a bit of turbulence I get a rush of adrenaline, because I think, 'Who could I rescue?'"
Even orange juice expert Patrick Kalotis from Tropicana laid into the way team Logic went about creating their orange juice. He said: "It isn't easy creating a 100% pure Orange juice with delicious flavour.
"At Tropicana, it takes an expert team to create a juice which is tasty and unique. As well as speeding up their production line, maybe Team Logic could have tried a couple of different fruit combinations - but it would have helped if they knew what an Orange looked like first."
The next episode of The Apprentice is on BBC1 tonight at 9pm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...