My Blog List

Fancy Nancy pastel ice cream cone cupcakes

I love the look of these ice cream cone cupcakes. I actually wasn't sure at first if they were actual ice cream cones or the cupcake version. Find out how to make your own at Babble's The Family Kitchen (via Gastro Girl, an excellent food Tumblr).

And they're not just pastel...they're inspired by the children's book series Fancy Nancy! Thenaptimechef writes:

My daughter is not a super frilly girl like the character Nancy, but she adores all the fancy vocabulary words and cool decor in Nancy’s room. She especially loves the pages where Nancy goes to the ice cream shop and gets fancy ice cream while her parent’s and sister get plain cones. One of our favorite games is to do fancy dress-up during the day, we even do it with her food. The other day I decided to have some fun and made these great cupcakes in ice cream cones. Then I frosted them to look like pink ice cream cones with sprinkles and my daughter went bananas. Just like Fancy Nancy, Mom! They are fancy cupcakes just like Nancy would like! She was right, I think, Nancy would like these very very much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...