My Blog List

Digg 4.0 Alpha Overview

I recently got an invite for the new Digg 4.0 Alpha. I have been reading about the arrival of new Digg interface so I got pretty excited to explore the new Digg interface. Meanwhile, I thought to share with my friends and online readers who have not yet got a chance to try the new interface.
I think the new Digg interface is very good and provides a much better user experience compared to the old one. The new most important improvements that I noticed at first glance are:
1) The ability to import blog feeds into your Digg stream. Thus you do not have to submit your own posts manually.
2) You can add links to your Web sites in Digg profile and hence gain more exposure to our sites.
I have prepared a step-by-step walkthrough of the new Digg interface once you sign-in for the first time. Once you log-in you get the option of following famous Digg profiles much like Twitter.

Second you get the ability to connect your Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts with your Digg account.

The activity stream in Digg is broken up into two parts viz “My News” and “Top News.”

This is it! The new Digg interface is simple and attractive . However I have noticed that there is no “bury button” this time, at least in the preliminary version. In the settings menu you can choose the options to add your site RSS in the Digg stream, in this way your friends and followers will be able to find your content as soon as it is published.

The new Digg system focused on building groups and communites of like-minded people on the Web.
Here are three things you can do to kick-start your Digg 4.0 Alpha experience.
• Find and follow your friends, influencers, and news sources you trust! Once you follow these Digg users, you can build a custom news homepage called "My News." My News will display news stories to you as Dugg by your friends.
• Get more followers! Aside from Digging great content, one of the best ways to attract new followers is to update your profile. Add a photo and link to your blog, Twitter account, or Facebook profile.
• Explore the "My News" and "Top News" pages. My News is the custom news page based on the people you follow. Top News is the global zeitgeist showing you the most popular stories on Digg.
I hope you enjoy your experience on New Digg 4.0.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...