My Blog List

Bangalore expats to ring in royal wedding

BANGALORE: About 5,000 miles away from Westminster Abbey, British expatriates in Bangalore have found their unique way to usher in the royal wedding on Friday. While Prince William and Kate Middleton take the vows, good wishes aplenty will fly from beyond the borders for the couple.

Footwear engineer John Tobin (47) says he'll miss the street parties in England, and work in Bangalore will keep him tied up. However, designer Sara Sanning isn't letting that stop her. "I'll be watching it on my laptop in office. If I was in England though, I'd stand out on the streets with a hat and a flag," she says.

Twenty-five-year-old Nancy S isn't letting geography come in the way of her celebrations. This English woman will host a party in Fraser Town on Friday. Gemma J W (23) who will be attending Nancy's party is excited at the prospect of dressing up. "The boys will be in suits and the girls in dresses, so that would be lovely. I'm hoping there's pots of tea and cucumber sandwiches," she says.

Spa owner Mina Bual will also be attending a bash, albeit a typical British garden party in the afternoon, and a do at the British Council later on. "Indians know how to dress at weddings! I'm hoping Kate Middleton wears something blingy," says the Anglo-Indian.

Although HR consultant Rita West won't be heading out on Friday, she hopes to catch the royal nuptials at home with family. "It's a good thing that love matches for royals are allowed now. I'm hoping Kate wears something stylish yet conservative," she says.

Ana Lewis, who has been in the city for six years now, is excited about the impending wedding. "I'm not blue-blooded but I think William and Kate's marriage is something worth watching," says the Britisher.

Amen to that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...